Help is Available!
Occasional anxiety is a normal part of life, anxiety disorders involve anxiety that is more than temporary stress or worry. Instead, the anxiety is ongoing and worsens over time and negatively impacts daily life and activities. It is estimated that approximately 40 million adults suffer from anxiety disorders but only about one-third of them will receive treatment despite these disorders being highly treatable. Living with an anxiety disorder of any sort can be not only difficult but debilitating.
Symptoms can include but are not limited to:
- Constant and excessive worry that is unrealistic or unsubstantiated
- Panic attacks
- Flashbacks, nightmares, and/or emotional numbness
- Irritability and restlessness
- Difficulty initiating or maintaining sleep
- Avoidance of common tasks and situations due to fear
- Physical symptoms such as difficulty catching your breath, upset stomach, racing heart
- Racing thoughts
- Traumatic Events
If you think that you may be suffering from an anxiety disorder, treatment is available for you and we are here to help. With help, the goal is not only for your symptoms to reduce and ultimately disappear but also for you to gain skills and tools to help you avoid a return of your symptoms in the future. Call today or schedule an appointment online for an evaluation to determine if a diagnosis of anxiety is appropriate for you and which form(s) of treatment would be best.