Start Feeling Better Today!
If you or someone you love is depressed, reaching out for help is crucial. According to the 2017 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, an estimated 17.3 million U.S. adults had at least one major depressive episode that year.
Depression can mask other problems and cause physical and mental pain. In severe cases, untreated depression can lead to suicide. Depression treatment & therapy can help you or someone you know reclaim emotional well-being and mental health.
Symptoms of depression include:
- Weight gain or loss.
- Crying spells.
- Sleep and appetite changes.
- A persistent sad mood.
- Loss of energy or fatigue.
- Difficulty concentrating.
- Constant physical aches or pains.
- Lack of interest in pleasurable activities.
- Feelings of worthlessness or hopelessness.
Depression can stem from traumatic events and even genetics. Other common causes are:
- Substance abuse.
- Serious illnesses.
- Death or loss of a loved one.
- Biological and physiological causes.
- Life or situational circumstances.
Types of Depression
Some types of depression include:
- Seasonal depression.
- Atypical depression.
- Situational depression.
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder.
- Perinatal depression.
- Depressive psychosis.
- Bipolar disorder or manic depression.
- Persistent depression.
- Major depression.
- Postpartum depression.
- Melancholic depression.
Find Help for Depression at ARC Counseling and Wellness Today
Treating depression is an essential part of your health care. The diverse team of experts at ARC Counseling and Wellness offers depression therapy services to treat manic depression, seasonal depression, postpartum depression, mood disorders and other common types of depression.
Get scheduled with one of our providers today or call for more information!