Postpartum depression counseling can be critical to the overall health of mother and baby after pregnancy. Many symptoms can indicate postpartum depression:
- Sleep problems
- Feelings of hopelessness, emptiness or panic
- Disinterest in spending time with friends and family
- Memory and concentration issues
- Thoughts of self-harm
The good news is that postpartum depression is treatable, and many women who seek treatment can overcome adversity to lead happier lives.
Why Consider Therapy for Pregnancy and Postpartum Depression?
Therapy for postpartum depression or any of the other perinatal mood and anxiety disorders is critical to the overall health of the mother, baby and entire family. Pregnant women and women who have recently had a child can benefit from postpartum depression counseling in many ways. These include:
- Learning strategies to change how depression makes you feel, think and act.
- Talking through ideas about early mothering, coping and stress management.
- Learning how to access thoughts and feelings that are healing, grounding and positive.
- Developing techniques related to mindfulness, emotional regulation and distress tolerance.
Enroll in Postpartum Depression Therapy at ARC Counseling and Wellness Today
If you or someone you know is struggling with postpartum depression, it’s essential to know that you’re not alone and that help is available.
The therapists for postpartum depression at ARC Counseling and Wellness want you to fully enjoy the wonderful experience of raising a child and building a family.